Come and join Erin, writer of the blog Erin Made This and obsessive cake baker, to learn how to construct and decorate a 6-inch, 4 layer, naked cake!
Kim, Erin’s best friend and really good cup of tea maker, will keep your belly full and the fire warm as you spend the afternoon learning from Erin how to create a classic vanilla naked cake.
You will then be let loose to stack and decorate your own cake under the guidance of Erin.
So, what exactly will happen on the day?
• Welcome tea, coffee and sweet treats (obvs)
• Full naked cake demonstration
• Stacking and filling your own cake with a selection of caramel, curds and fruit
• Dirty icing then final icing to give the ‘naked’ look
• Decorating from a selection of florals, greenery, in season fruit, meringue kisses, honeycomb, caramel, chocolate ganache and praline
• Cake recipes and instructions for you to keep
• Some savoury snacks and wine (Because it’s after 12pm AMIRIGHT?)
• If you’d like, i'll give you a hand photographing your babe of a cake. Maybe even a cake portrait? CUTE.
• Cake box to transport your cake home!
• A tearful goodbye
• Saturday September 30 2016 in Winmalee, NSW (about 1 hr 20 mins drive from Sydney CBD and short drive to Springwood Train Station, address will be supplied once booked)
• 8 spaces only
• All tools, cake, equipment and decorations provided for use on the day
• All you need to do is bring your camera/phone for photos
• Unfortunately, we cannot give refunds but you are welcome to sell your spot to a friend or stranger that likes cake in the even you can no longer attend. I will also help advertise the ticket if the workshop is sold out.
• While we are happy to cater for allergies and intolerances in the food we supply on the day, the cakes we decorate will not be vegan or gluten/dairy/sugar free. Sorry.